It’s been a long time since I’ve added a recipe to this site, so apologies to my foodie friends here! Life it seems, has been too busy for blogging here, and is also a reasonably scare occasion on my other website. Todays recipe is especially for my dear friend Robyn Verrall. It is wonderful in asian salads, or to dip your Christmas prawns in!
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- Finely chopped zest of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped mint
- 1/2 teaspoon sambal oelek or very finely diced fresh chilli (I prefer fresh chilli; use the amount to your taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cane sugar (or dark brown sugar)
- Sea salt, to taste
- Dash of white pepper
Combine all ingredients in a screw-top jar and shake until well combined.
Note: If you use this for a dipping sauce instead of a dressing, adding 2 tablespoons of yoghurt will improve it if you are not dairy intolerant.